Sunday, November 9, 2008

Halloween Pictures

A very scary vampire
Peyton kicking out some ninja moves
Who is more powerful?
Yelling at a friend while I try and take a picture
Really? I would've thought she'd want to be a princess or some kind of animal but not this year!


We had a really fun Halloween this year. Jason hasn't been able to be home for Halloween in awhile so having him here this year made it really special. Kylie decided she wanted to be a vampire and Peyton a ninja, which is perfect since he is always doing ninja moves. We started out the day by attending the parade of costumes at the school. When school was over we headed to the base to trick or treat in the squadron. The kids loved it, there was lots of candy, all the halls were dark and decorated, and they even set up a tunnel for the kids to crawl through. We got our bags of candy from the base, headed out for some wings, and then home to get ready to trick or treat our neighbors. We had so much fun walking through the neighborhood and watching the kids enjoy their night. Peyton kept us pretty entertained. He kept trying to give out the candy he had in his sack. He would run up to a door yell "trick-or-treat" and then hand the greeter a piece of his candy. It was so cute. He also tried to trick or treat the other kids out trick or treating. He would walk up and say "happy Halloween, trick or treat" and then hold his sack open waiting for a candy bar. It was really hilarious. The kids would just say "happy Halloween" back and keep on moving. At one of the houses we visited a man in a big foot costume came running out of the house. Peyton was pretty scared and hid behind my leg. I assured him it was okay and that is was just someone dressed up. The man took off his mask and walked up to Peyton. Peyton firmly said "I didn't like that" the man looked at his wife standing in the doorway and said "should we eat this one mother?" Poor Peyton he was terrified. We quickly left and he continued on his quest for candy. About a half an hour later he said "I know what I could have done to scare that bear"(he thought the costume looked like a bear) I said "oh what is that" and he replied, "I could have stuck my tongue out at him!" It was so funny because you know he had been thinking about it since we left the house and that is what he came up with! We got home that night each of the kids got a couple of pieces of candy and then we got ready for bed, they slept very well!! I can't wait to see what next year brings!

3 comments:

KPrince said...

I love it, they look so cute.....I mean scaarrryy! haha!

the uribe family said...

Oh my gosh that is soooo cute. I love the story about Peyton!!! :) I bet you guys had a blast. Is Jason home? TEll him hi from me. Take care. I love your blog. It is just awesome. So thanks for keeping it up!! :)

Sanna and Emmet said...

The kids are still so cute, even when trying to look scary! Great photos and stories!