Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Appendicitis-My Story

I had my appendix out a couple of weeks ago and it was horrible. I've been through two c-sections, kidney stones, and an ectopic pregnancy but I think this might have topped all of those. The doctor had to do an open appendectomy and the recovery has been difficult and, I feel, very slow! I am feeling much better now but still have limitations on what I'm able to do which is very frustrating for me. The worst part is I'm going to have a huge scare on my stomach. My other scares are a lot lower and not as noticable but this one starts at my belly button and goes down from there. I guess I'm just complaining. There are worse things that could have happened like having my appendix actually explode! I should count my blessings and be thankful for all the wonderful friends and family who called, sent flowers and food, and helped Jason and I out with the kids. A special thanks to Halley, who sat at the hospital with me because Jason was on a cross country and to Mary, who took care of the kids for me while I was in the hospital. Thanks to everyone. Here are a few pictures of some of the beautiful flowers I received:




2 comments:

Lisa said...

ohmygosh! just take it easy, i know it's tough to not always be "on" and in control of everything but just slow it down and let yourself heal. take care

the uribe family said...

I hope you feel better honey! I wish I was closer to help out with the kiddos. Let me know if there is ever anything I can do!!